Sunday, July 4, 2010

"I think I know my geography pretty damn well..."

Happy 4th, I guess.
Here are my pros and cons about July 4th. Pros: My grandmother makes yummy food and my family gets together. (Wow, that is a lot of pros.) Cons: I hate fireworks, Gracie, my dog, hates fireworks, my mom and dad aren't off work, I have no boat to go on the lake, and I think that was about it. The 4th just isn't one of my favorite holidays. I like the meaning behind it, but that is about it.
This outfit post reminded me of something that Rebecca would wear from The Clothes Horse. I got the dress from Buffalo Exchange in New Orleans. When I picked it off the rack, I knew it was meant for me. I kind of feel like a little fairy when I wear it. Is that weird?
I seriously don't take the time to fix my hair. I usually spend about a minute on my hair. I wash it and stuff, but I mean the styling part is where I am lazy. My friends will get mad when I tell them how long I take to fix my hair and they spend hours straightening, curling, blow drying, and teasing their hair. I don't do any of that stuff to my hair. I feel like a cruel person to my poor little hair when I do that stuff.
 Awh, I love those earrings. My friend had a pair similar to these way before I got mine. I adored them so much. I borrowed them from her as much as I could. I went to a jewelry store in New Orleans and spotted these out of the corner of my eye. I seriously even did a happy dance, and then I did a bigger happy dance when I saw that they were only 5 dollars. AH!
So, I am slow becoming a Pescetarian. It is a type of vegetarian who eats everything a normal vegetarian eats, but they eat fish also. Beef, chicken, and pork, it all sounds gross to me now. After having a long talk with my aunt about all the cruel things they do to land animals, I just can't eat them anymore. I feel cruel, and I hate being cruel. It depresses me. If any of you are vegetarians, then please send me some recipes that you really enjoy. I would love to try them out.
Well, I am out. I gotta start packing...again. Ah. I am leaving for Virginia on Wednesday to visit family. Gracie is going on her very first road trip! I will take pictures of her, since a lot of you guys that she was adorable. I thank you so much! You guys are bringing up her confidence. Hehe. 
Oh, and thank you for all the comments and my new followers. I seriously love you guys. You guys are making me smile so much. Thank you!

-H
Outfit Details:
Dress - Buffalo Exchange
Tights - gift from Aunt
Shoes - Journeys 
Earrings - So Good Jewelry

13 comments:

  1. your style!
    it's lovely =)
    and the photo's are so beautiful! and i love the wall and it's crosses!
    i'm enjoying your blog very much!
    and to say something random: i was a veggie for two years (and then i broke down and ate a piece of meat! aaah)...but it's great to know you're eating cruelty free =) and i'm a huge anti-fur activist...have you seen what they do to poor little chinchilla's for ONE fur coat D=

    okay i'm rambling too much now =)

    xxx
    happy 4th of july.
    i'm not sure what that is (i'm south african)

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa, great booties!! and really enjoying the those tights


    jess s//

    hello from LadyFLASHBACK.com!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dress and I get that Clothes Horse vibe from it too :)
    http://thedollhouse0101.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your shoes!

    zahira-sirena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really don't like the 4th all that much either. I don't have a boat as well, and I absolutely hate fireworks! And my dog doesn't either, so it always adds so much stress on the family! Haha! I'm glad I found someone who shares my feelings :)

    I love your floral dress! The buttons are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated 4th! Hmmm vegetarian recipies...there are way too many good ones hun.
    Make a strawberry Spinach salad with raspberry vinagrette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love that dress! I have 2 buffalo exchange stores near me, and I always forget about them! Those earrings are also divine!

    I went to a friend of mine's farm a while ago and saw the process the animals go through in person, and pretty much decided to slowly become a vegetarian. This has proven hard while in college though, with limited budget and options.

    (i'm a new blogger and stumbled upon your site, and love what I have seen! def. will be following :) )
    -Yaneldys (outofseasonface)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I love that dress, looks great on you1

    I'm not a huge fan of the 4th. I definitely prefer other holidays over it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your booties are so cool!

    xoxo
    mycherrygum.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love you hear what you have to say. Don't be a stranger. And just so you know, you guys make me smile every time you leave a comment. Thank you so much!
-H